Roger Wallis | Hot 40 2014
Roger Wallis, Chapman Tripp
Recent deals for Wallis include advising Metlifecare on its ASX listing, institutional placement and share purchase plan and advising EBOS on its placement and rights issue in conjunction with its transformative acquisition of Symbion for NZ$1.1bn. Wallis is described as the young gun of Chapman Tripp’s corporate offering: the rising star who has come into his own in recent years. “Roger was, back in the old days, the walking encyclopaedia [on] securities law and a superb technical lawyer, maybe not senior enough to develop a broader commercial reputation,” said one source. But things have clearly moved on since then, with Wallis being cited as a prominent dealmaker by many rivals.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40.
Partner & Chairman of the Board, Chapman Tripp
BCom/LLB (Hons), Finance, Corporate Law, University of Auckland (1987-1983)
|Years of Experience:
- Ranked as a leading lawyer by Chambers Asia Pacific 2012.
- Ranked as a top tier restructuring and insolvency lawyer by independent legal directory IFLR1000 2011.
- International Law Office General Corporate Client Choice Award, 2010 & 2011
- Takeovers Panel
- New Zealand Institute of Directors
- Institute of Finance Professionals New Zealand (INFINZ)
- Listed Companies Association
- Former Chairman of the NZX Legal and Regulatory Advisory board.
BCom, LLB (Hons), University of Auckland (1987-1993)
||Auckland, New Zealand
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.