Athena Koelmeyer | Hot 40 2014
Athena Koelmeyer, Workplace Law
Koelmeyer has tackled big issues on a number of fronts. She is the author of the Workplace Law Anti-Discrimination E-Book, which she created to provide human resources, payroll and managers with an overview of the current Australian Federal anti-discrimination laws. Koelmeyer is also an active supporter of KIVA, a web-based organisation which leverages a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, allowing individuals to lend a minimum of $25 at a time to help create opportunity around the world. She has drafted and lodged formal submissions to various government ministries, addressing the potential for lawyers to be excluded from work due to the rules surrounding the right of parties to be legally represented by lawyers of their own choosing, in matters before the Fair Work Commission.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40.
Principal and Managing Director of Workplace Law (2003)
Senior Associate, Gadens Lawyers (2000-2002)
|Years of Experience:
- Masters of Labour Law and Relations (2004)
- Bachelors of Laws (1996)
- Bachelors of Economics (Social Sciences) (1993)
- Australian Labour Law Association
- Women Lawyers Association of NSW
- Industrial Relations Society of NSW
- Australian Human Resources Institute
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)/Bachelor of Arts, University Of New South Wales (1981-1986)
- Master of Labour Law and Relations (LLM), University of Sydney (2004)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), University of Sydney (1996)
- Bachelors of Economics, University of Sydney (Social Sciences) (1993)
||New South Wales, Australia
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.