Virginia Briggs, Minter Ellison
Briggs has continued to deliver what clients in the past have termed ‘technically fantastic’, ‘innovative’ and ‘commercial’ advice on a number of complex, large-scale property, development and government infrastructure transactions throughout 2013 and 2014. From leading DEXUS Property Group’s strategic acquisitions in Perth and Brisbane over the period worth $1bn in aggregate, to co-leading the landmark NSW Ports $5.07bn refinancing and long-term lease of Port Botany and Port Kembla, Briggs has continued to impress her long list of clients, which read as a ‘who’s who’ of the sector. They include AMP Capital Investors, Australand Holdings, Brookfield Multiplex, Commonwealth Bank, Charter Hall, Mirvac, the NSW Department of Transport, RailCorp, Sydney Ports Corporation, State Property Authority, and the Sydney Harbour Foreshore Authority.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
Partner, Minter Ellison Lawyers
Partner, DLA Piper (1990-2007)
|Years of Experience:
Over 20 years of experience in commercial law
- Winner, 'Best in Real Estate' Euromoney Legal Media Group's Australasian Women in Business Law Awards 2013
- Leading Individual, Real Estate - Chambers Asia Pacific: 2011, 2012, 2013
- Virginia Briggs is 'absolutely fantastic – she’s always one step ahead in negotiations and her advice is impeccable' - Chambers Asia Pacific 2011
- Leading Individual, Real Estate - Chambers Global: 2011, 2012
- Recommended, Real Estate - Asia Pacific Legal 500: 2012
- Recommended, Real Estate - PLC Which Lawyer? 2009, 2010
- Recommended, Real Property - Best Lawyers: 2013
- Member, Minter Ellison Partnership Board
- Chair of the Industrial Committee of the Property Council of Australia, NSW Division
- Member of the Property Council of Australia's NSW Division Council
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.