Tony Sparks, Allen & Overy
At the time of writing, Allen & Overy partner Tony Sparks had been involved in 2014’s largest equity capital market issuance to date. This entailed advising Citigroup on a block trade by CapitaLand of 226 million Australand stapled securities, representing a 39% stake in Australand for an aggregated US$766m ($848m). It is but one deal in a long and distinguished career. Sparks advises on a range of corporate and commercial transactions and is cited by peers as a ‘knowledgeable’ and ‘accessible’ team head.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
Partner, Allen & Overy
- Partner, Freehills (1998-2011)
- Solicitor, Linklaters (1994-1998)
|Years of Experience:
- Leading lawyer for capital markets in all major director's including Chambers Asia Pacific (Band 1), IFLR 1000, Legal 500 (Asia Pacific), PLC Which Lawyer and the International Who's Who of Capital Markets Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in Australia directory each year since 2011
- Admitted as solicitor, New South Wales, Australia, 2000
- Admitted as solicitor, England and Wales, 1996
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment, Financial Services Institute of Australasia, 2005
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons), The University of Exeter, 1990
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.