Sandy Mak, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Colleagues describe her as a “dynamo” – passionate about championing women lawyers. As co-chair of Corrs’ Diversity Council, Mak has driven key initiatives and programs which have seen an improvement in the progression and development of female lawyers at Corrs. She has also helped develop ground-breaking initiatives for the professional advancement of women. Aside from these contributions, Mak has devoted her time over the past four years as a lecturer in takeovers and schemes at Sydney University’s undergraduate course Corporate and Securities Regulation on a pro-bono basis.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
- Partner, Corrs Chambers Westgrath (2008)
- Sydney University Law School Lecturer - Corporate and Securities Regulation (Takeovers and Schemes)
|Years of Experience:
- Best Lawyer - Mergers & Acquisitions - Best Lawyers Peer Review 2014
- Female Partner of the Year - Women in Law Awards 2013
- Leading Lawyer - Corporate/M&A - Chambers Global Guide 2013, 2014
- “Very strong technically, very commercial and outcome-focused” - Chambers Global Guide 2013
- “Sandy provides high levels of energy, service and organisation on M&A deals” - Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2010/11
- “Quality M&A lawyer” - Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2011/12
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)/LLB, UNSW
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.