Richard Anicich, Sparke Helmore
2013 was an exciting year for Anicich, whose career has spanned more than 30 years. The lawyer was handed an Exceptional Service Award by the Hunter Medical Research Institute (HMRI) in recognition of his contributions in transforming the institute into one of the country’s leading medical research centres. Anicich was an original member of the HMRI Foundation in 1998 and was the inaugural Chair of the Foundation’s Strategic Funding Committee. He played a significant role in working to develop financial support from the business and broader community and managed the legal and contractual matters associated with the development of the HMRI building on the John Hunter Hospital campus. This was a $90m project.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
- Partner, Sparke Helmore (1981)
- Conjoint Professor of Practice, University of Newcastle (2014)
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors
|Years of Experience:
- President, Hunter Business Chamber (2011)
- Chair, Hunter Committee, Australian Institute of Company Directors (2008)
- Accredited Specialist Business Law, Law Society of NSW
- Accredited Specialist Commercial Litigation (Insolvency), Law Society of NSW
- Australian Institute of Company Directors, GAICD LLB, UNSW, BCom (Accounting, Finance and Systems), UNSW
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.