Nick Humphrey, Sparke Helmore
Humphrey is a name that has become synonymous with private equity, having literally ‘written the book’: The Australian Private Equity Handbook
(CCH). With key clients that include AMP Capital and Macquarie Capital, Humphrey has a reputation as a safe pair of hands on private equity and more broadly midmarket corporate and M&A deals. Recent advice includes that given to Tea & Coffee Traders on the sale of its shares in Jireh Group to the Singapore-listed Global Yellow Pages, for a purchase price of $35.6m. Since joining Sparke Helmore
in January 2012 to lead the firm’s national corporate practice, Humphrey has built an eight-partner team from the ground up.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
Partner, Sparke Helmore Lawyers (2012)
- Partner and the Head of Private Equity, Norton Rose (2003-2011)
- Lawyer, Gilbert + Tobin (1998-2002)
- Lawyer, Clifford Chance (1997-1998)
- Lawyer, King & Wood Mallesons (1994-1997)
|Years of Experience:
Over 20 years of experience in commercial law
- Australasian Lawyer’s Hot List 2014
- Finalist for Lawyers Weekly ‘The Partner Award’:
- Chambers Asia-Pacific 2014 - Private Equity Notable Practitioner
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014 Corporate, M&A
- Chambers Asia-Pacific 2013 Private Equity Notable Practitioner
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- American Bar Association
B.Com, LLB, Commerce and Law, University of New South Wales (1989-1993)
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.