Moya Dodd, Gilbert + Tobin
Dodd has been featured among eight FIFA ‘People of the Year’ who helped shape and promote football in 2013. During 2013, Dodd was appointed as one of the first women to join the FIFA Executive Committee, re-elected as a vice-president of the Asian Football Confederation and, most recently, appointed as chair of FIFA’s Task Force for Women’s Football, which focuses on the creation of a FIFA strategy for women’s football in the short and longer term. She travelled widely, advocating women’s roles in football, including visiting Iran’s Second International Congress on Football and Science and speaking out in Tehran in support of women being permitted to enter stadia to attend men’s football matches. “Businesses, governments and now sporting organisations are realising that organisations are better and fairer when women can fully participate,” said Dodd.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
Partner, Gilbert + Tobin (2007)
- Vice President, CRA International
- Judge's Associate on the Supreme Court of South Australia
|Years of Experience:
- 2012 Australian Financial Review 100 Women of Influence list
- Best Lawyers 2014 and listed in the International Who’s Who of Regulatory Communications Law in 2013
- Executive Committee of The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA)
- International Council of Arbitration for Sport
- Vice President of the Asian Football Confederation
- Director of Football Federation Australia
- Masters of Business Administration, Australian Graduate School of Management (1996)
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours in Media Law, Adelaide University (1988)
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.