John Poulsen, Squire Sanders
Encouraging lawyers to be brave and take the ultimate leap of faith can be very difficult indeed – but that’s just what Squire Sanders’ Australian managing partner has achieved. Having led and managed the combination of the large part of a national firm with a top 10 global law firm, Poulsen has engineered its growth in Australia, with a focus on positive workplace culture that follows Jim Collins’ Good to Great motto – getting the right people on the bus so that the rest looks after itself. During his tenure, the firm also built a successful financial practice from scratch– something that’s certainly been helped by having Poulsen on the bus.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
- Managing Partner, Squire Sanders
- Asia Pacific Advisory Board Member, Serco (2012)
Managing Partner, Perth Office, Minter Ellison Lawyers (2006-2011)
|Years of Experience:
Over 20 years of experience in commercial law
- Lawyers Weekly 2013 Australian Law Awards Finalists
- Advisory Board Member, Leukaemia Foundation (2011)
- Chair, Corporate Volunteer Council (2011)
- Deputy Chair and Board Member , Volunteering WA (2005)
- Advisory Board Member , Curtin Graduate School of Business (2009-2013)
- Board Member, International Skills and Training Institute in Health (2011-2012)
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.