John Mann, K&L Gates
Mann has forged a strong reputation at K&L Gates and its predecessor firms. He was responsible last year for finalising a critical merger, acting on behalf of Middletons in its combination with K&L Gates. Since then, his star has continued to rise, with advice such as that provided to Harbert Private Equity concerning its divestment in the Aesop Group. This was recognised in 2013 by the Australian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (AVCAL) as the ‘best expansion stage’ deal of the year.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
Partner, K&L Gates
|Years of Experience:
- Listed in Best Lawyers (2014) for Corporate/Governance Practice and Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Ranked 15th in the 'hot 40 private practice lawyers' in Australia and New Zealand, Australian Legal Business in 2012
- Doyle's 2011 Annual Guide to the Best Australian Lawyers, M&A Lawyers, Victoria "Leading Lawyers – Recommended"
- Practical Law Company, PLC Cross-border M&A Handbook 2011, "Recommended and Endorsed"
- Lasallian Foundation (a charity) board member and chairperson of audit and risk committee
- Brotherhood of St Laurence (a charity) – Social Enterprises Working Committee member
- Homeground Services (a not for profit) – pro bono client liaison partner
- Australian Corporate Lawyers Association (ACLA) member
- International Bar Association member
- Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) member
- Australian Venture Capital Association of Australia member
- K&L Gates Opinions committee member
- Graduate Diploma, University of Melbourne, 2001, (Corporations and Securities Law)
- LL.B., University of Melbourne, 1989
- B.Com, University of Melbourne, 1988
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.