Gavin Smith, Allens
With a ‘rising star’ reputation across all three streams of the TMT practice area, Allens’ Gavin Smith continues to secure major instructions for top tier clients, which include advising Fox Sports Australia on its 5-year, circa $1bn NRL TV rights deal. A leading adviser in Australia on privacy, data protection and cyber security issues, Smith’s enviable client base includes Sydney Trains, Virgin Australia and Google. Smith recently advised Transport for NSW on its next generation IT infrastructure outsourcing for both data centre services and end user computing services, one of the largest IT infrastructure managed services arrangements in Australia.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
Partner, Allens (2011)
- Senior Overseas Practitioner, Allens (2008-2011)
- Managing Associate, Linklaters (2004-2008)
- Associate, Clifford Chance (2000-2004)
|Years of Experience:
UK-based independent guide Legal 500 in 2006 and 2007
Committee for Sydney – Future Leaders Sounding Board
- Masters with Honours in Modern History from St. Andrews University, Scotland (1992-1997)
- Robert T. Jones Jr. Scholarship at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA (1997-1998)
- Graduate Diploma in Law from The College of Law, York, England (1998-1999)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from The College of Law, York, England (1999-2000)
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.