Colleen Platford, Gilbert + Tobin
Platford was the lead partner representing Google in its landmark High Court win against the ACCC in February 2013. The ACCC initially alleged that Google had engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct over sponsored links or advertisements which appeared on its search results pages. The High Court found that Google was not responsible for the content of third party ads displayed on its search results pages. This benchmark case raised significant issues for the internet, particularly in relation to the responsibility for third party content by search engines. The case was in the Federal Court of Australia
– it went on appeal and ultimately to the High Court.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer
's Hot 40.
Partner, Gilbert + Tobin Lawyers
Owner, Blake Dawson (1999-2011)
|Years of Experience:
Over 20 years’ experience in commercial litigation
- Best Lawyers List for Litigation, Chambers Asia Pacific 2014
- Best Lawyers List for Litigation, Benchmark Asia Pacific 2013
- Australasian Lawyer’s List of Hot 40 Lawyers for 2014
- Masters of Laws, University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Economics (majoring in tax and accounting) and Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Sydney
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.