Rachel Storey | Hot 40 2014
Rachel Storey, Rachel Storey & Associates
It’s a tough time to be building a boutique firm in any market, but spare a thought for lawyers in some of Australia’s more remote regional centres. Rachel Storey practices full-time in NSW’s Broken Hill and was recently involved in a complex case that attracted a fair share of media coverage.
In the first case of its kind, Storey helped issue proceedings against the Parole Board, Department of Corrections and South Australian Police regarding their failure to properly manage a violent parolee who then went on to engage in a violent police siege. She also obtained an out of court settlement for the mother of the parolee.
Check out who else made it on Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40.
Managing Silicitor, Rachel Storey & Associates (2011)
- Principal, Far West Community Legal Service (2011-2012)
- Litigation Department, then Inspector, Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman (2010-2011)
- Solicitor, Macpherson Kelly (2011-2011)
- Associate, Norton Rose Australia (2010-2010)
- Solicitor, Minter Ellison (2008-2009)
- Solicitor, Kenyons Lawyers (2003-2008)
- Solicitor, Ryan Carlisle Thomas (1999-2002)
- Research Officer/Speech Writer/Political Adviser, Parliament of Victoria (1993-1998)
|Years of Experience:
Over 15 years
- Winner of Zonta Young Women in Public Affairs Award for Asia-Pacific region
- Queen Elizabeth II Trust Fund Recipient
- Selected as legal representative for Ministerial Consultative Committee on WorkCover matters
- Guest speaker on discrimination law updates, Law Institute of Victoria seminars
- Chamber of Commerce Board Member
- Broken Hill Employees Superannuation Trust Board Member
- Australian Lawyers Alliance Member
- Director and Vice President of the Outback Rugby League
Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Civil Litigation, University of Melbourne (1992-1997)
||New South Wales, Australia
To read the full feature, download Australasian Lawyer's Hot 40 2014
feature on PDF.