New Zealand Law Awards
, to be held in Auckland next week, will see a record crowd of 700 legal practitioners gather to recognise the country’s best individuals, firms and in-house teams for their outstanding contribution to the industry over the past 12 months across 28 award categories.
Since nominations closed in July, submissions have been subject to a rigorous judging process to establish the award winners. New Zealand Lawyer, supported by event partner Crowe Horwath, can today reveal the judges who have dedicated their time to establishing those entrants worthy of a New Zealand Law Award.
The judging panel includes 30 senior partners and general counsel from top companies and firms including:
- Cathy Quinn, partner, Minter Ellison Rudd Watts
- Gary McDiarmid, CEO, Russell McVeagh
- Marnus Beylefeld, partner - corporate finance and forensic accounting, Crowe Horwath
- Chris Gordon, partner and chair, Bell Gully
- Troy Swan, general counsel and company secretary, Staples Australia & New Zealand
- Mark Weenink, general manager of regulatory affairs, compliance and general counsel, Westpac
- Richard Shine, general counsel, AIG Insurance
View the full list of finalists here.
The evening will be hosted by radio broadcaster Leah Panapa and will include entertainment from musicians Mark Cunningham and Annie Crummer.
The New Zealand Law Awards will be held at the Cordis Auckland (formerly The Langham) on 23 November.
New Zealand Law awards finalists announced
New Zealand Law Awards hits another record