Hall & Wilcox has grown its partnership to 77 with the promotion of four lawyers.
For its latest promotion round, the firm has also made 14 senior appointments, which came into effect at the start of July.
The firm’s new partners are Maurice Doria, Andrew Murphy, Jacob Uljans, and Ahranee Vijayaseelan.
Doria, a part of the firm’s property and projects group, works closely with public- and private-sector clients on a wide range of infrastructure and property transactions.
A member of the firm’s statutory insurance team, Murphy works with employers and insurers on various types of workers compensation claims.
Uljans, who is a part of the litigation and dispute resolution team, is a specialist in regulatory issues and disputes in financial services.
Vijayaseelan specialises in public and products liability, working closely with domestic and Lloyd’s of London insurers and a diverse range of businesses, the firm said. A member of the general insurance team, she is the immediate past president of the NSW Association for Women in Insurance.
“The appointees each bring different strengths to our firm and our clients. All have a strong focus on client relationships and service, and are well supported by our clients,” said Tony Macvean, Hall & Wilcox managing partner.
The firm’s other senior appointments are:
- Jillian Howard, special counsel in Perth employment practice
- Taleen Bertolini, senior associate in Perth insurance practice
- Jacinta Balzonello, senior associate in Melbourne tax practice
- Megan Cramp, senior associate in Perth insurance practice
- Josh Fast, senior associate in Melbourne corporate and commercial practice
- Sarah Gelbart, senior associate in Sydney employment practice
- Avi Gordon, senior associate in Melbourne financial services practice
- George Ioannidis, senior associate in Melbourne general insurance practice
- Daniella La Veglia, senior associate in Melbourne statutory insurance practice
- Rachel Law, senior associate in Melbourne tax practice
- Holly Lawson, senior associate in Newcastle statutory insurance practice
- Stacey Marino, senior associate in Perth insurance practice
- Brandon Silva, senior associate in Perth statutory insurance practice
- Kate Williams, senior associate in Sydney insurance practice
Hall & Wilcox has more than 550 people working out of offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Canberra, Perth, and Brisbane. The firm has been advising businesses and business people, public and private entities, and the public sector for more than 100 years.
National firm bolsters European desk
Firm boosts public sector expertise