Clayton Utz has become the first Australian law firm to host a TEDx event with the first TEDxBlighStreet event to be held Thursday.
The firm said that it is proud to host and sponsor the event in its Sydney offices at the landmark 1 Bligh Street building. Leaders in their respective fields will talk about the theme “to strive - to seek - to find.”
Speakers of the event are:
- John Bell OBE, founder, Bell Shakespeare Company
- Prof. Bates Gill, Asia-Pacific security expert
- Jane Harper, author
- Ronni Kahn, founder & CEO, OzHarvest
- Jon Owen, CEO & pastor, Wayside Chapel
- Solli Raphael, spoken-word artist
- Dr Charlie Teo, neurosurgeon
- Prof. Toby Walsh, artificial intelligence researcher
- Dr Jodie Ward, forensic biologist
- The Light Collective, photographer
The event is all about creating a unique experience, the firm said.
“As a leading Australian law firm, we deliver to our clients not just outstanding client service and guidance, but also outstanding experiences that provoke thought and conversation,” said Bruce Cooper, deputy chief executive partner for clients and markets. “It's conversations that underpin relationships and a TEDx event provides an overwhelmingly rich platform for conversation among the local business community.”
TEDx events are independently organised.